His extensive data centre industry knowledge has seen him involved in many data centre upgrade, refurbishment and build projects across the University and Local Government sectors.
- Data Centre Design and Planning
- Data Centre Facilities Management
- Data Centre Audit and Reporting
- Data Centre Relocations
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Electrical Installations Planning
- HVAC Mechanical Installations
- Network Management
- Data Gathering & Systems Analysis
- Telecommunications infrastructure, installations and trouble shooting Fibre Optic Networks cabling, pit & pipe, planning and trouble shooting
A regular speaker at Australian AFCOM events, Byron has presented on topics including industry trends, energy utilisation, electrical standards and cooling technologies, while delivering Australian data centre case studies at Data Center World USA.
As a licenced Electrical Fitter Mechanic (Electrician), Byron’s early career positions included roles with Queensland Nickel, Port of Brisbane Corporation, Enterprise Data Corporation (EDC) and Pipe Networks. Byron commenced his role with Strategic Directions in 2008.
Byron is the Vice President of the AFCOM Brisbane Chapter, an elected role by data centre industry peers, and has represented the Australian data centre industry at AFCOM Global Chapter Presidents events in the USA.